Renters Insurance: Why Every Resident Needs It
If disaster strikes, you want to ensure your valuables are protected and your personal liability is insured. For that reason, all residents of our market-rate communities are required to have renters insurance with a $100,000 minimum liability policy. If the contents of your apartment are damaged, renters insurance will help recover the cost of your loss.
You may purchase renters insurance from any insurance company you choose. For your benefit and convenience, Echelon Property Group has partnered with ePremium, a national provider of renters insurance. To take advantage of special rates on renters insurance follow the enrollment instructions below:
• Visit www.epremiuminsurance.com and enter the zip code of your apartment community
• Select your community from the list, select the effective date and coverage amounts to receive your quote
• Review the policy and pricing and follow the easy prompts to bind coverage
• Monthly or Annual Payment Plans are offered
• Pay by credit card or echeck
• To purchase by phone, call ePremium Customer Service Center toll-free at 1.800.319.1390 (Monday – Friday from 6 am to 6 pm MST and Saturday from 7 am to 2 pm MST).
Before you move in, you will need to provide proof of renters insurance, including liability. Please note if proof of insurance isn't provided to the community staff or your insurance policy lapses during your lease, you will be enrolled on a Forced Placed Renter's Insurance Policy through ePremium and will be charged the appropriate fees in accordance with your lease agreement.